Thursday, February 7

Chalk (Theme 15)


When I was about 3 my Mother had this portrait made of me and as you can guess, it's in chalk. When she moved we found it and she never had it framed. It was in the plastic that it came it. I don't know how it survived over 20+ years of moving around the country and living in plastic. There isn't one part of the drawing that is smudged or damaged. Amazing if you ask me. I took it and had it framed by a friend of mine. It is now hanging on my wall surrounded by a photo of each of us in my immediate family. If you hold your hands over my pony tails and look at it you will see my son. We didn't notice this until I hung all the pictures around it. I'm just glad to show it off.......because there isn't another photo of me in the house where I will display and show off.....so this is it!!!

2 comments:

Julie M said...

You haven't changed a bit! Nice idea for the chalk theme...

Jenifer Clark said...

I pass that photo every day and don't even think about it then saw chalk on our theme list and waalaa! Anther theme marked off.