Monday, January 21

Black & White (Theme 172)


This is my niece Avery and she always takes a great photograph but this one really spoke to me and I had to play with it to get it just right for printing because my sister will hang this one on her wall along with the other B&W photo of my other niece. Making a B&W is not as easy as you would think. First it came out flat, then you adjust level, use gradients, certain layer need to lightened, all in order to give this depth and dimension. All the work payed off in this picture but then again, look at what I had to work with.

5 comments:

Linda Judd said...

Beautiful little girl. Beautiful black & white image. Nice work.

Julie M said...

She is so cute and you did a great job on this. The two pics will be great framed and displayed together. One thing I want to work on this year is b&w conversions...

suzanne productions said...

Very sweet smile. Grammom

Jenifer Clark said...

I have just had those 2 printed along with one of my daughter and currently waiting on a good photo of my son to turn B&W. Funny you says to frame them, I just put them in a black collage frame to hang. Great minds think alike Julie.

Scott said...

She is precious! very well captured. I love the black and white and your composition is excellent.

Well done!

Check out my 366 blog at www.sru366.blogspot.com and let me know if it's okay to add you to my list. Please feel free to add me if you don't mind.

Thanks!