Thursday, January 24

Quilt (Theme 165)


This is my first full quilt and it's done by the applique method. "At Home in the Woods" is the official name and since we are in the Smoky Mountains it fits the bill. Currently it's hanging in my family room and each time I look at it I'm amazed that I did that. It took me working quite a few hours over the course of 3 months to finish the top. I then had my friend Jennifer from Quilting Queens in Oregon quilt it for me. She did a beautiful job. The fun part is that in each quilt she works on she adds a crown somewhere on the quilt. Her mark......It has been a few years and I have yet to find the one she put on here. Still looking though........

4 comments:

Julie M said...

Wow, Jen. That looks like a really intricate quilt especially for your first one. It is beautiful!

Jenifer Clark said...

Thanks Julie. It is quite detailed and if you want to see more I have a gallery set up to show detail. Someone asked me to post it so I have a few photos on my PCEC/Viovio gallery if you would like to see more.

Julie M said...

I'll check it out...

Linda Judd said...

Jen, that is an amazing piece of art! You should be so proud of yourself! Thanks for sharing it with us.