Sunday, January 6

Why I created a blog

I'm a member of a wonderful site/forum called Photoshop Creative Elements Community aka PCEC by many of the members. Well, one of our members (Lindajay) posted a thread with the header of 366 Photos for 2008. As many of you know I have my new Canon 40D and need loads of practice so this challenge is perfect for me. I printed the list and have been taking pictures but didn't know where to show my 366 photos. A good forum friend suggested Blogger and I just jumped at it so here I am.....

Here is how the Challenge works: 366 photos and they all are from a different theme. Since it's a Leap Year that is why there are 366 photos. Thanks to Linda for this challenge. You can read more on her blog. http://lindas366photos.blogspot.com/ and find links to others who are participating in this challenge. The themes can be taken in random order, and the pictures don't absolutely have to be one per day. If you miss posting a picture one day, it can be made up. The bottom line is that you post 366 pictures spread out over the year and covering all 366 themes

I'm learning this blog thing as I go so please excuse the simplicity of my posts and how I upload or edit. Thanks for taking a look around. I hope that I have created an area in our vast computer world that makes you want to revisit my small little area.

5 comments:

Dogeared said...

Hi - glad you're doing the challenge!

Could you please credit the girls who thought it up originally, their Blog is http://366-pictures.blogspot.com/

And I think that's the list I made up - could you credit me for that? http://dogearedandfurry.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Just in case you are using the Blogger uploading tool for photos - here's an easier way I found (through many times of having Blogger eat my post or make the spacing between photos and text all wonky). Use Firefox, and then upload your photos to Photobucket first (www.photobucket.com). Then, just type the post you want as normal, and insert the code from Photobucket (it tells you which code, but look for the one with "a href" at the start). WAY easier (I wish someone had told me that before I spent so much time swearing at Blogger!)

Thanks! I look forward to seeing what you come up with :-) (and just to be polite - do you mind if I link to you in my Blog side panel, so I can see how your challenge progresses?)

Jenifer Clark said...

No problem I will credit y'all and you can link me. I will make sure I have your link as well. Thanks

Dogeared said...

I'll add you tonight! (I'm on my lunchbreak now and Internet Explorer on my PC tends to not load Blogger properly, for things like posting and templates).

I'm loving the extra photo reading I get to do now, so many new Blogs to check :D

Michelle said...

I was wondering can I add you link to mine? You can add me to yours.
http://michellesphotoblog.blogspot.com/

Just let me know,
Michelle

Jenifer Clark said...

Michelle sure you can, I think I have already added you but I will go back to make sure.